Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides an end to end service that helps in sales and marketing of billable projects on time and within the budget too. It helps you with project service automations which basically-
1. Estimates, quotes and contracts work.
2. Plans resources.
3. Enables collaboration.
4. Captures expenses, time and progress reports for real time accurate invoice.
This application has following features-
1. Project based contracts- They basically measure contracts on the basis of profitability and feasibility. They are responsible for relating quotes, labour pricing, billing and estimation etc.
2. Project planning- There has to be some planning and estimation done before passing a contract which majorly includes automatic tasks of scheduling, predecessors, sales distribution and cost information which is performed by Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation.
3. Resource management- This section majorly deals with skills and proficiencies of workforce. The right person must be chosen for the right kind of work based on the availability of resources and requirement of job. Tracking resource utility and metrics is also a part of this.
4. Time utilization and collaboration- For multiple projects, web or mobile services can be used to record time and cost involved. The new entries to be included must be checked by the manager and their financial implications must be worked upon. This software allows you to easily collaborate with Office 365 workspace.
5. Project billing- The invoices which are included are based on terms of contract and approved paperwork as well as expenses involved. All the expenses involving revenue, invoices, unbilled amount and real time costs are recorded for analytics and integration of financial systems.
There are currently two versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation -
1. In case you are using it on a desktop or laptop, the project service automation application is used.
2. And for the smaller screen such as tablets and mobiles we have project rescue hub application which is a modified version of project service automation application. This application which we use for smaller screens is basically designed on the unified interface framework, using responsive web designing principles. This enables multiple viewing options and gives a better interaction experience in different kinds of environments.
So, these are the basic features that you get with the project automation with Microsoft Dynamics 365.